Most Shared

Community News

Community News

 
text size

Home of Beaumont city councilman damaged by fire

Updated: Wednesday, November 20 2013, 05:47 PM CST
The son of a Beaumont city councilman got himself and his grandfather to safety after a fire broke out in a bedroom in their home.
Councilman Jamie Smith's son called 9-1-1 around 7:30 last night to report the fire.
The fire broke out in the son's bedroom at their home in the 4400 block of Roberts Avenue.
The councilman and his wife were away.
The fire destroyed the bedroom and a bathroom, and there was fire and smoke damage to other parts of the home.   
Fire investigators say the fire started in the bedroom near the bed.
Smith believes it may have started with an electronic device on the floor.
Firefighters say the fire was accidental.Home of Beaumont city councilman damaged by fire


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

 
Advertise with us!