KBTV FOX 4 - Search Results
Heat lamp fire kills pet dog
A family's effort to keep its dog warm during cold weather turned into a fatal accident.
Anissa Randle says she kept Candy, her pregnant pitbull, in this shelter.
Tuesday night, she was chained with a heat lamp attached to the dog house for warmth.
The Beaumont Fire Department says the heat lamp sparked a fire and the dog couldn't escape.
A spokesman for Beaumont Animal Services says using a heat lamp can be beneficial, but you should keep it away from anything flammable.
Randle urges other dog owners to be cautious, so they don't find their animals in the same situation.
Beaumont Animal Services recommends bringing your pets inside, providing shelter and bedding and making sure they have plenty of food and water during cold weather.